Photo

SSM C&C: Base Wars - **NEW ZONE**

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
23 replies to this topic

#1 Vicarious!

Vicarious!
  • 14 posts

Posted 12 June 2007 - 04:59 PM

I Apologize if this is in the incorrect category - please move this as you see fit.

Command & Conquer: Base Wars is a "zone" within the online multiplayer game "Subspace: Continuum". (Zone name: SST C&C Base Wars) The multiplayer game itself is a space fighting game, but the Base Wars project has made it something else. You guessed it, we have turned Subspace into C&C. In a sense, this is something like the old C&C: Sole Survivor game.

Heres a few bits of what were doing. (screenshot links below)
Screenshot 1 (http://cnc-tech.plan...y.com/zone1.jpg)
Screenshot 2 (http://cnc-tech.plan...y.com/zone2.jpg)

If you notice with these images theres a few things we do that have never been done in Subspace to make a much more flexible environment, that constantly changes as the game goes on, such as:

- Craters or smudges are left where players are killed
- Trees, civilian buildings, rivers, and patches of tiberium are spread out through the map
- A destructible environment. This one is a big factor. No zone in Subspace has ever used this approach - base wars - thus where we get our name from. Team bases are completely destructible, and have a few defenses placed around them to keep the enemy away.
- Turret defences: Each team has its own unique type of defense turrets, Team 0 (GDI) has advanced guard towers, where team 1, (NOD) has Obelisks (high power laser system).

The main objectives of the game is one of two things: Destroy the enemy base, or capture the flag.

To do these fights, players are given an arsenal of different, unique weapons such as:
- Hum-vee
- MLRS (rocket launcher)
- Medium Tank
- Small tank
- APC (Armored personnel carrier)
- Dune buggy
- Flame tank
- Artillery

This is one of the few zones that seem to almost "overdo it" with the immense amount of graphics we use, and simply how unique our style of gameplay is.

Be sure to check us out! SST C&C: Base wars.

Zone thanks go out to:
- Vicarious!: Settings, gfx, sfx, ideas, map
- InamotO: Settings, gfx, ideas, map
- Smong: Programmer
- Nyerguds: Ship gfx
- Cancer+: SSM Development host
- Confess+: SST host

Our zone forum or read our zone news for more links to C&C stuff! (http://cnc-tech.plan...hp?showforum=33)

For those of you who dont know how to find us:
1. Get subspace and install it, make yourself a profile.
2. go to "zones"
3. Click "download"
4. Find SST Command & Conquer in the list, double click to add the zone to your list
5. Click ok
6. pick out our zone from your list, hit play.

See you there!

Quick update - Server is now running on SST (soon on SSCT). just in case you are looking for it.

Edited by Vicarious!, 19 June 2007 - 07:49 PM.

#2 L.C.

L.C.
  • 2,321 posts
  • Zone:BlueT Jackpot SVS
  • Squad:Zoners SVS

Posted 12 June 2007 - 11:44 PM

Now that is really cool. It would be a time saver if you could provide a download to the zone's main files (LVZ, LVL, etc). :]

BlueT Network Administrator
SSCV Network Administrator
Jackpot SVS System Operator
Posted Image
Posted Image

#3 Cancer+

Cancer+

Level: 6

• 1,341 posts

Posted 13 June 2007 - 01:04 AM

It really is a fun zone. It is new and interesting. These guys have put a lot of hard work into it. Everytime I check up on them, they are in there working. Come and check it out. Good job guys.
Posted Image

#4 Slicer

Slicer
  • 68 posts

Posted 13 June 2007 - 05:06 AM

Brilliant zone idea, Friendly staff and fun gameplay. This zone has caught the interest of several faces in the SS community go check it out, or else!
Screw you hippy

#5 Dav

Dav
  • Administrator
  • 5,628 posts
  • Zone:Hyperspace

Posted 13 June 2007 - 10:56 AM

could you post some screens?

SSCC Desert Storm Owner
SSforum Admin

#6 Samapico

Samapico
  • Administrator
  • 7,984 posts
  • Zone:SSCU 17th Parallel
  • Squad:-=SMG=-

Posted 13 June 2007 - 11:13 AM

his screenshot links aren't good... and it's 2x the same one... here they are:

Posted Image
Posted Image

It's pretty nice, I must say... I dropped by earlier today

It's a shame continuum only has 8 ships though... This is the kind of zone that could make use of 30 different ships easily http://www.ssforum.n...tyle_emoticons/default/blum.gif

120px-Half-Life_Black_Mesa_logo.svg.png

#7 Drake7707

Drake7707
  • Project Moderator
  • 1,307 posts

Posted 13 June 2007 - 12:11 PM

i've played it a bit and its quite nice.

As the server went down i'll post it here:

Idea: maybe rebuilding stuff can be done by placing a ship (1 of the 4 ships can handle repairs, maybe a slow one like a tank), and the more ppl around the destroyed building the faster it rebuilds. Well, except when your base is destroyed, then you can't rebuild anything

Or maybe limit the choice of ships depending which factory is still present, and no power= no defense guns (like obelisk of missile launcher, sentries don't need power)

#8 rootbear75

rootbear75
  • 7,230 posts

Posted 13 June 2007 - 05:46 PM

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO... MY IDEA... DOWN THE DRAIN.... crawls into hard rock
Posted Image
rootbear75> here is me nude
Samapico> I actually clicked the spoiler before reading what it was
Corey> I clicked it cause i read what sama said first.
darkreb0rn> I clicked it because I wanted to see you naked...
rootbear75> O.o __________________________________
2:IdleRPG> Mr Snuffleluphagus walked face-first into a tree. This terrible calamity has slowed them 0 days, 00:01:22 from level 18.
2:rootbear75> for fucks sake...

#9 Vicarious!

Vicarious!
  • 14 posts

Posted 13 June 2007 - 07:15 PM

afaik I attempted this a long time ago when continuum first came out, but failed... I doubt you thought of it first. http://www.ssforum.n...tyle_emoticons/default/blum.gif

#10 *rc 1223*

*rc 1223*
  • 466 posts

Posted 13 June 2007 - 07:20 PM

vic this sounds nice http://www.ssforum.n...tyle_emoticons/default/smile.gif im gonna check it out now!!!!!!!
WB > *

#11 Suicide_Run

Suicide_Run
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 13 June 2007 - 10:29 PM

Went in there a while ago, its pretty nice. I find it would be better if you have something people can buy for fun or stuff. Like the over all gameplay is good but after you kill/die a certain amount of times....it gets to a point where you lose addictiveness/interest.

Well thats my opinion....anyways, keep up the good work! =)
The Ladder Theory - How high are you on the ladder?

Posted Image

#12 tcsoccerman

tcsoccerman
  • 845 posts

Posted 14 June 2007 - 08:56 AM

Have it so you can attach or warp to the base faster. This is when you get people that say "Just one more try", because it's so easy to "try"(but not necasarily succeed).
I love lamp

#13 Samapico

Samapico
  • Administrator
  • 7,984 posts

Posted 14 June 2007 - 09:07 AM

True... it's good, but the replayability (sp?) factor isn't that great... Buyable or spree-dependant upgrades would indeed be fun
What would really own is if you could control how your base is built... But that would take ALOOOOOT of programming... but it could become a true RTS http://www.ssforum.n...tyle_emoticons/default/smile.gif
Like you'd need one team captain per team that stays in spec and builds the base...
And he'd deploy units that happen to be his teammates...

kind of like how Allegiance works

the available units would depend on what is built

but then that would require some ressource management รด.o...

Man that would really need 30 different available ships http://www.ssforum.n...tyle_emoticons/default/blum.gif

#14 Drake7707

Drake7707
  • Project Moderator
  • 1,307 posts

Posted 14 June 2007 - 09:33 AM

or have an ace leader in each team and he can deploy stuff with his ship by flying to the spot and send a construct <nr > command to a bot. Then a blueprint pops up, with a hp bar that raises to show its completion, also make sure the constructor cant' move while building or he can just fly away (mildly annoying when you try to construct stuff and always float away because your ship isn't completely stopped), however i don't really know if thats possible ?

#15 Samapico

Samapico
  • Administrator
  • 7,984 posts

Posted 14 June 2007 - 09:35 AM

he could just be *warpto'ed at the same place he is to stop moving http://www.ssforum.n...tyle_emoticons/default/blum.gif

#16 Suicide_Run

Suicide_Run
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 14 June 2007 - 10:12 AM

C&C Base Wars could do wat MERC Samurai (I think thats the zone name...) did. Have a ship go near the buildings and do a ? command or bot command that builds the building but uses lvz to show the building status like MERC Samurai had.
The Ladder Theory - How high are you on the ladder?

Posted Image

#17 Maverick

Maverick
  • »VIP
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 14 June 2007 - 11:53 AM

I just checked it out and really liked it. Really gave me back old memories of C&C and it was fun to play. B)

Check out your zone population statistics at stats.sshq.net!

Maverick
Subspace Statistics Administrator
Retired SSCU Trench Wars Super Moderator
TWCore Coordinator Administrator

#18 rootbear75

rootbear75
  • 7,230 posts

Posted 14 June 2007 - 12:25 PM

he could just be *warpto'ed at the same place he is to stop moving http://www.ssforum.n...tyle_emoticons/default/blum.gif

or give an engine failure for the same amount of time the building takes
Posted Image
rootbear75> here is me nude
Samapico> I actually clicked the spoiler before reading what it was
Corey> I clicked it cause i read what sama said first.
darkreb0rn> I clicked it because I wanted to see you naked...
rootbear75> O.o __________________________________
2:IdleRPG> Mr Snuffleluphagus walked face-first into a tree. This terrible calamity has slowed them 0 days, 00:01:22 from level 18.
2:rootbear75> for fucks sake...

#19 Drake7707

Drake7707
  • Project Moderator
  • 1,307 posts

Posted 14 June 2007 - 01:37 PM

engine failure still keeps you floating ? and you cant prize an engine failure for x sec

btw lvz placement on moving ships is impossible right ?

#20 Samapico

Samapico
  • Administrator
  • 7,984 posts

Posted 14 June 2007 - 07:28 PM

warpto + engine shutdown would work

and the engine shutdown time is defined in the settings, so yeah you can prize it for X seconds (tho it would always be the same time)
But the module could easily prize you like 1 engine shutdown of 5 seconds 10 times in a row...

And can ASSS modify the properties of map tiles in-game? like if you start a building somewhere... the tiles under it would need to become walls...
I believe it could be done by having bricks dropped there... but they'd vanish at some point... so it'd need to be repeated... (and when the building is destroyed, the 'remains' would stay for a certain time... so there'd still be a wall during that time)
But if it can change tile properties whenever it wants, that'd be much more easier I guess

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users