Command & Conquer: Base Wars is a "zone" within the online multiplayer game "Subspace: Continuum". (Zone name: SST C&C Base Wars) The multiplayer game itself is a space fighting game, but the Base Wars project has made it something else. You guessed it, we have turned Subspace into C&C. In a sense, this is something like the old C&C: Sole Survivor game.
Heres a few bits of what were doing. (screenshot links below)
Screenshot 1 (http://cnc-tech.plan...y.com/zone1.jpg)
Screenshot 2 (http://cnc-tech.plan...y.com/zone2.jpg)
If you notice with these images theres a few things we do that have never been done in Subspace to make a much more flexible environment, that constantly changes as the game goes on, such as:
- Craters or smudges are left where players are killed
- Trees, civilian buildings, rivers, and patches of tiberium are spread out through the map
- A destructible environment. This one is a big factor. No zone in Subspace has ever used this approach - base wars - thus where we get our name from. Team bases are completely destructible, and have a few defenses placed around them to keep the enemy away.
- Turret defences: Each team has its own unique type of defense turrets, Team 0 (GDI) has advanced guard towers, where team 1, (NOD) has Obelisks (high power laser system).
The main objectives of the game is one of two things: Destroy the enemy base, or capture the flag.
To do these fights, players are given an arsenal of different, unique weapons such as:
- MLRS (rocket launcher)
- Medium Tank
- Small tank
- APC (Armored personnel carrier)
- Dune buggy
- Flame tank
This is one of the few zones that seem to almost "overdo it" with the immense amount of graphics we use, and simply how unique our style of gameplay is.
Be sure to check us out! SST C&C: Base wars.
Zone thanks go out to:
- Vicarious!: Settings, gfx, sfx, ideas, map
- InamotO: Settings, gfx, ideas, map
- Smong: Programmer
- Nyerguds: Ship gfx
- Cancer+: SSM Development host
- Confess+: SST host
Our zone forum or read our zone news for more links to C&C stuff! (http://cnc-tech.plan...hp?showforum=33)
For those of you who dont know how to find us:
1. Get subspace and install it, make yourself a profile.
2. go to "zones"
3. Click "download"
4. Find SST Command & Conquer in the list, double click to add the zone to your list
5. Click ok
6. pick out our zone from your list, hit play.
See you there!
Quick update - Server is now running on SST (soon on SSCT). just in case you are looking for it.
Edited by Vicarious!, 19 June 2007 - 07:49 PM.